Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow

I love the snow! Yesterday on the way to church we drove down country roads and looked at the empty pastures covered with a beautiful white blanket of snow. I love fresh, beautiful, white snow. Something about it reminds me of God's love for us and how He covers all of our crap and makes us pretty again.

Our church is in a series titled "NEW" and yesterday the focus was on making relationships better. One of the best points was on being faithful. I usually only think of faithfulness in relation to my God and I don't relate it to my relationships with my friends and my family. Our pastor made a great point about faithfulness in these areas as well as in our relationship with God. He said we should always keep our word. If we tell someone we are going to call them, pray for them, meet up with them, be friends with them, we should stay true to that. When my children see the snow coming down and the excitement fills their eyes and they beg to go sledding and I turn to them and say "I have so much to do today, you will have to wait until tomorrow," I had better take them "tomorrow." Teaching our children the meaning of faithfulness is on the top of my to do list, and it starts with me. I don't know how many times I commit to something and then fail to follow through. That's not going to happen anymore; with help from my God, I am committing to staying committed. I will no longer commit myself to something I don't intend to see through to the end.

Speaking of commitment, Brian and I are on day 9 of our P90X journey. We have completely transformed our basement into a personal gym and our refrigerator and pantry have been made over as well. We are eating much like rabbits do I assume, but we are both feeling great. I hope to see some results in our health and in our bodies and I'm so excited to be doing this challenge with my most favorite person in the world. Brian makes everything interesting. It's very entertaining watching him eat so many vegetables and it's just as entertaining watching him attempt to do yoga. Actually, both of us could grab a few thousand laughs on YouTube if we posted a video of us doing yoga last week. Lets just say, it's a good thing our couches were on either side of both of us, because we fell, several times. I don't think we are created to have only one foot on the ground while all other limbs are flailing about trying to balance as you look upward. Just doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure it's good for us to try.

Brian ventured out with our oldest two yesterday for some extreme sledding. I title it extreme, because rather than finding a nice, soft hill to venture down, they went to a local skate park and used the iced over concrete and the sleds were only of use for a short period of time before they thought it better to use only their padded snow pants for protection. Here's some photos to laugh at...



Brian also took Kellan ice skating last week for the first time and they both had a blast. Kellan says he wants to be a hockey player (I guess I'll start working again to pay for that), and he was eager to get out and skate. He skated his little heart out and he rubbed the backs of his legs raw, but he loved every minute of it. We had to bribe him to get him to leave simply because the temperature was too low for the other two kiddos and I think Brian was starting to get cold too.

Here's a few shots of our little guy.

He loves having his drawers off!
Blueberries are his official favorite food.






No comments: